Senior Services


Aging and Disability Resource Connection


• Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Helpline (800-272-3900): This free resource connects people living with dementia, caregivers, and the public with specialists and master’s-level clinicians who are available to provide confidential support and information around the clock, 365 days a year.

• Community Resource Finder: Alzheimer’s Association & AARP Community Resource Finder is a database of dementia and aging-related resources that makes it easy for individuals and families to find programs and services in a specific location. Create your free profile at

Phone Number: 1-800-272-3900
Address: 475 S. Shasta Place Burns, OR 97720

Senior Living

Phone Number: 541-573-3029
Address: 809 W Jackson St # 500, Burns, OR 97720

Child Services
DHS Child Welfare Office

Clothing and Material Goods
Cash for families (TANF): To qualify for TANF, families must have very few assets and little or no income. You can apply for TANF by visiting this DHS Self-Sufficiency office.

Disability Services
Vocational Rehabilitation (VR): DHS Vocational Rehabilitation​ assists individuals with disabilities to get and keep a job that matches their skills, interests and abilities. Community Counseling Solutions and Developmental Disabilities

Food Assistance
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): SNAP offers food benefits to eligible, low-income individuals and families. Oregon Trail Card (EBT): An Oregon Trail Card is an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card and is similar to a debit card from a bank. It is what the Department of Human Services (DHS) uses to get benefits to clients. Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF): ​​The TANF program provides cash assistance to low-income families with children while they strive to become self-sufficient. Cash assistance is intended to meet a family’s basic needs such as food, clothing, shelter and utilities.

Senior Services
DHS/Aging and People with Disabilities APD)
In-home support and services, Caregiver support, Long-term care, Employing a Homecare or Personal Support worker, Independent Living Services, Reporting Adult Abuse

Financial Assistance
DHS Self Sufficiency Office SSP
Cash for families (TANF) To qualify for TANF, families must have very few assets and little or no income. You can apply for TANF by visiting this DHS Self-Sufficiency office.


Mon – Fri 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Phone Number: 541-573-7621
Address: 131 S Milwaukie Ave, Hines, OR 97738

Assisted Living

Phone Number: 541-573-7833
Address: 17 S. Alder Ave Burns, OR 97720

Senior Services
Older Americans Act Programs, Information and Assistance, Congregate Meal Site, Meals-On-Wheels, Family Caregiver Program, Legal Assistance, OPI (Oregon Project Independence), Recreation and Exercise, Health and Wellness, Emergency Services, Prescription help with Needy Meds.,Emergency Shelter, Emergency fuel help for transients, Emergency bus ticket for transients, Emergency energy assistance (seasonally), Energy Assistance, LIHEAP seasonal energy assistance, Weatherization, Food Pantry Site, Housing Assistance, Dial-A-Ride (Public Transportation), SHIBA (Senior Health Insurance Benefit Assistance)

Disability Services
Aging and People with Disability Resource Connection

Disaster & Emergency Services
Emergency services include: Prescription help with Needy Meds, Emergency Shelter, Emergency fuel help for transients, emergency bus ticket for transients and Emergency energy assistance (seasonally).

Food Assistance
Food Pantry Site – Harney County Families are able to obtain 3-5 days of meals twelve (12) times a year. We encourage a visit once a month. We provide small “transient sacks” 2-3 meals, to those in need passing through the community. Hours of operation are; Mondays, Tuesday & Thursday 1:00-3:00, and Fridays 8:30-11:00 and 1:00-3:00.

Congregate Meal Site – Meals are served at the Harney County Senior & Community Services Center at 12:00noon each Wednesday and Friday. Reservations are not necessary. For persons 60+ the suggested donation for the meal is $3.50 and for those under 60 the cost of the meal is $4.50. Meal tickets are available for purchase at the front office or at the registration table on Meal days. For 10 meals the cost of the ticket is $35 for those 60+ and $45 for those under 60.

Meals-On-Wheels – Hot meals are delivered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to housebound seniors 60+ and their spouse with a suggested donation of $3.50 per meal. Caregivers and guests under 60 must pay 4.50. Frozen meals are available for days without delivery at the suggested donation of $3.50. Meal tickets are available for purchase upon request.

Housing Assistance
Housing Programs offered at HCSC include: Emergency Shelter Program, Emergency Energy Assistance, and LIHEAP Energy Assistance.

Legal Services / Taxes
Legal and tax assistance provided through the Older Americans Act Program.

Medication Assistance
Prescription Drug Assistance Program

Volunteer Opportunities
Meals on Wheels, hostessing, table setters, SHIBA representatives, kitchen help, food bank. Call for more information.

Two elliptical machines, a treadmill and a recumbent bike available for free to the public during business hours.

Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.

Phone Number: 541-573-6024
Address: 17 S. Alder Ave Burns, OR

• Older Americans Act Programs
• Information and Assistance
• Congregate Meal Site
• Meals-On-Wheels
• Family Caregiver Program
• Legal Assistance
• OPI (Oregon Project Independence)
• Recreation and Exercise
• Health and Wellness
• Emergency Services
• Prescription help with Needy Meds.
• Emergency Shelter
• Emergency fuel help for transients
• Emergency bus ticket for transients
• Emergency energy assistance (seasonally)
•Energy Assistance
• LIHEAP seasonal energy assistance
• Weatherization
• Food Pantry Site
• Housing Assistance
• Dial-A-Ride (Public Transportation)
• SHIBA (Senior Health Insurance Benefit Assistance)
• Medicare 101:  If you will soon be on Medicare  — or are already a beneficiary — this class is very important to you. It can help you make the best choices on Medicare Health and Drug insurance annually, possibly saving you hundreds of dollars. The class will also help you make the transition from your current insurance to Medicare coverage, avoiding a costly gap in coverage. If your income is limited, this class can help you get extra help with medications and/or Medicare savings programs. Medicare 101 can help you avoid costly errors, omissions, fraud, and abuse by teaching you what to look for on your billing and Explanation of Benefits statements.

Monday – Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. (APPOINTMENT ONLY)
Thursday: Walk-ins 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. (No appointment is required. First in, first served.)
Fridays are outreach days.

Phone Number: 541-573-6024
Address: 11740 SW 68th Parkway, Ste. 250 Portland, OR

Supporting caregivers by providing access to no-cost education in all corners of the state.

Phone Number: 1-800-930-6851

The Oregon Senior Peer Outreach Telephone Service is now accepting referrals! This new pilot program has been funded by Greater Oregon Behavioral Health Inc. (GOBHI) to support the well-being of Oregon seniors (55+) who live in the rural and frontier counties served by GOBHI. A team of experienced senior peer support staff will be placing weekly calls to connect with isolated seniors to reduce the health impacts of loneliness and social isolation.

Phone Number: 1-833-736-4676
Address: 17 S. Alder Ave. Burns, OR

The Senior Center hosts a free “Powerful Tools for Caregivers” course. This is an educational program designed to help family caregivers take care of themselves while caring for a relative or friend. You will benefit from this class whether you are helping a parent, spouse, friend, someone who lives at home, in a nursing home, or across the country.This class series meets once a week for six weeks. Class size is limited, and registration is required. Call the Senior Center to learn about the upcoming Powerful Tools for Caregivers course.

Phone Number: 541-573-6024