Food Assistance

Address: 125 S Buena Vista Burns, OR 97720

Sunday Service 10 a.m.

Food Assistance
Food Bank: Monday & Wednesday 10 a.m. – 1:00pm
Free Monthly Meal: 3rd Sunday of every month from 5-6pm

Phone Number: 541-573-2216
Address: 118 N Broadway Ave, Burns, OR 97720

Free Monthly Meal: 4th Sunday of every month
Free Thanksgiving Dinner: Meals takes place on Thanksgiving day
Free Christmas Food Baskets: Contact lodge after Thanksgiving time to be put on list

Phone Number: 541-573-6170
Address: 50 Pasigo St Burns OR 97720

Alcohol & Drug Program
8am to 5pm Mon-Fri

Food Assistance
Rural Harvest Share (free produce). Third Thursdays, Distribution starts around 12 p.m.



Phone Number: 541-573-8043
Address: 64302 Main St Crane, OR 97732

Rural Harvest Share (free produce) Third Thursdays: 10:30 to 11:30 am

Phone Number: 541-889-9206
Address: 809 W Jackson St # 500, Burns, OR 97720

Child Services
DHS Child Welfare Office

Clothing and Material Goods
Cash for families (TANF): To qualify for TANF, families must have very few assets and little or no income. You can apply for TANF by visiting this DHS Self-Sufficiency office.

Disability Services
Vocational Rehabilitation (VR): DHS Vocational Rehabilitation​ assists individuals with disabilities to get and keep a job that matches their skills, interests and abilities. Community Counseling Solutions and Developmental Disabilities

Food Assistance
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): SNAP offers food benefits to eligible, low-income individuals and families. Oregon Trail Card (EBT): An Oregon Trail Card is an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card and is similar to a debit card from a bank. It is what the Department of Human Services (DHS) uses to get benefits to clients. Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF): ​​The TANF program provides cash assistance to low-income families with children while they strive to become self-sufficient. Cash assistance is intended to meet a family’s basic needs such as food, clothing, shelter and utilities.

Senior Services
DHS/Aging and People with Disabilities APD)
In-home support and services, Caregiver support, Long-term care, Employing a Homecare or Personal Support worker, Independent Living Services, Reporting Adult Abuse

Financial Assistance
DHS Self Sufficiency Office SSP
Cash for families (TANF) To qualify for TANF, families must have very few assets and little or no income. You can apply for TANF by visiting this DHS Self-Sufficiency office.


Mon – Fri 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Phone Number: 541-573-7621
Address: 78727 Drewsey St Drewsey, OR 97904

Rural Harvest Share
Third Thursdays: 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.

Phone Number: 541-493-2643

What is the Frontier Veggie RX Program? It is a healthy eating initiative that supports patients and their families. The FVRx program provides you and your family with prescriptions to buy health fruits and vegetables. Visit your healthcare clinic to determine your eligibility.


Address: 420 N Fairview Ave Burns, OR 97720

Family Planning and Birth Control
Vaccines, family planning and STI visits offered every day.

Food Assistance

Women-Infant-Children (WIC): The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children – better known as the WIC Program – serves to safeguard the health of low-income pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutritional risk by providing nutritious foods to supplement diets, information on healthy eating including breastfeeding promotion and support, and referrals to health care.

Healthcare Services
The Harney County Health Department has many programs to offer Harney County residents including:  Immunizations, Family Planning, Women-Infant-Children (WIC), Babies First/CaCoon, Well Child Checkups, Vital Records, Communicable Diseases, Emergency Preparedness, Emergency Management/Public Health Emergency Preparedness , TB Program, Dental Health, Environmental Quality Inspections, Business Licenses for Restaurants and Hotels, Tobacco Preventions & Education Program, File a complaint against violations of the Indoor Clean Air Act.

Tobacco Cessation

Business Hours:
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m., 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.

Phone Number: 541-573-2271; After-hours emergency 541-589-2423
Address: 17 S. Alder Ave Burns, OR 97720

Senior Services
Older Americans Act Programs, Information and Assistance, Congregate Meal Site, Meals-On-Wheels, Family Caregiver Program, Legal Assistance, OPI (Oregon Project Independence), Recreation and Exercise, Health and Wellness, Emergency Services, Prescription help with Needy Meds.,Emergency Shelter, Emergency fuel help for transients, Emergency bus ticket for transients, Emergency energy assistance (seasonally), Energy Assistance, LIHEAP seasonal energy assistance, Weatherization, Food Pantry Site, Housing Assistance, Dial-A-Ride (Public Transportation), SHIBA (Senior Health Insurance Benefit Assistance)

Disability Services
Aging and People with Disability Resource Connection

Disaster & Emergency Services
Emergency services include: Prescription help with Needy Meds, Emergency Shelter, Emergency fuel help for transients, emergency bus ticket for transients and Emergency energy assistance (seasonally).

Food Assistance
Food Pantry Site – Harney County Families are able to obtain 3-5 days of meals twelve (12) times a year. We encourage a visit once a month. We provide small “transient sacks” 2-3 meals, to those in need passing through the community. Hours of operation are; Mondays, Tuesday & Thursday 1:00-3:00, and Fridays 8:30-11:00 and 1:00-3:00.

Congregate Meal Site – Meals are served at the Harney County Senior & Community Services Center at 12:00noon each Wednesday and Friday. Reservations are not necessary. For persons 60+ the suggested donation for the meal is $3.50 and for those under 60 the cost of the meal is $4.50. Meal tickets are available for purchase at the front office or at the registration table on Meal days. For 10 meals the cost of the ticket is $35 for those 60+ and $45 for those under 60.

Meals-On-Wheels – Hot meals are delivered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to housebound seniors 60+ and their spouse with a suggested donation of $3.50 per meal. Caregivers and guests under 60 must pay 4.50. Frozen meals are available for days without delivery at the suggested donation of $3.50. Meal tickets are available for purchase upon request.

Housing Assistance
Housing Programs offered at HCSC include: Emergency Shelter Program, Emergency Energy Assistance, and LIHEAP Energy Assistance.

Legal Services / Taxes
Legal and tax assistance provided through the Older Americans Act Program.

Medication Assistance
Prescription Drug Assistance Program

Volunteer Opportunities
Meals on Wheels, hostessing, table setters, SHIBA representatives, kitchen help, food bank. Call for more information.

Two elliptical machines, a treadmill and a recumbent bike available for free to the public during business hours.

Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.

Phone Number: 541-573-6024